PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
This Site and App are operated by Cookandrecipe team and its affiliates (being entities controlling, controlled by or under common control with Cookandrecipe Team) When we use the terms “we”, “us” “our” or “Cookandrecipe”, we refer to Cookandrecipe Team and its affiliates.
1. APPLICABLE NOTICES
The following additional notices (“Applicable Notices”) also apply to your use of our Site or App:
- Our Community Guideline, which set out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our Site or App.
2. INFORMATION ABOUT US
Cookandrecipe is registered in Indonesia.
If you have any question or complaint about our Site or App, or in any respect about Cookandrecipe, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SITE AND APP
Our Site and App provide you with an ability to share recipes with other users of our Site and App, and browse other users’ recipes (the “Cookandrecipe Service”). Except for optional Premium Services that we offer (see Section 7), the Cookandrecipe Service is made available free of charge.
Our Site is designed to work on modern web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox, on major operating systems, and our App is published on the iOS and Android platforms. Features and compatibility may vary between web browsers, operating systems and platforms. Our Site and App may not be compatible with other computer hardware or operating systems.
We do not warrant that our Site or App, any content on them, or services as may be provided by such third party service providers, will be free from errors or omissions.
4. IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING RECIPES
All recipes on our Site or App are provided for general information only and published by other users, like you, and not by Cookandrecipe. Cookandrecipe does not screen or check recipes before they are posted, so there may be some inappropriate, incorrect or unsafe recipes, ingredients or cooking methods. The recipes, comments and other information provided on our Site or App are not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely, and any use of or reliance on any recipe of other content provided on our Site or App is at your own risk.
Cookandrecipe makes no representations, warranties or other commitments, whether express or implied, about the accuracy, quality, safety or fitness for purpose of recipes published on the Cookandrecipe Service.
- you should verify any unusual or novel ingredients or methods in a recipe by referring to other sources;
- you should comply at all times with any food safety notices or bulletins issued by your local government authority and you should not expect the Cookandrecipe Service to note or explain risks contained in food preparation, method or techniques of cooking or consumption of certain food; and
- if you are not an experienced cook, we advise that you take instruction from an experienced cook, or other appropriate authority, when using recipes from the Cookandrecipe Service, particularly in respect of health and safety.
If you have any comments or concerns about any recipes or other content on the Cookandrecipe Service or, if you believe that your copyrighted work has been infringed or are aware of other infringing, illegal or inappropriate material, please contact us at: email@example.com
5. USER REGISTRATION
With regard to our Site, you may visit and view the recipes without registration as a guest (“Guest”). However, you will have access to more features of the Cookandrecipe Service if you create account through user registration. If you wish to register for the use of the Cookandrecipe Service, you shall either complete the required account information as may be requested by us through submitting the application in such format as may be specified by us from time to time, or sign up by third party account (e.g. Facebook, Google).
We will conduct the necessary checks on the registration prior to or after the registration process and once we accept, you are registered as registered user (“Registered User”).
We reserve the right to erase your account and/or to deny the use of the Cookandrecipe Service by you in whole or in part in any of the following circumstances:
- you do not exist;
- you do not have an email address that could receive emails;
- you have or appear to have intentionally provided false information to us.
- you are a minor and have not submitted the account information with the approval of a parent or guardian;
- to respond to actual or potential threats to our business (such as cyber-security threats), or unwelcome or dangerous practices or behaviours in our community; or
- for any of the reasons set out in Section 17 below.
6. YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
If you choose to become Registered User, you must treat your account information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. You accept full responsibility and liability for all activities that occur under your account.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your account, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. PREMIUM SERVICES FEES
Subscription Fees. We may provide an optional subscription fee-based service (“Premium Service”) in certain countries. If the Premium Service is available in your area, the fees for the Premium Service will be set out on our Site or in our App (“Subscription Fees”). The Subscription Fees may vary according to your location or your place or residence. The Subscription Fees for the Premium Service are paid on a monthly basis with no long-term contract.
Third-Party Charges. We or our payment processor are not responsible for any charges or fees imposed by your bank, credit or debit card issuer, or other account provider on payment of the Subscription Fees or any costs that may be incurred as a result of failed attempts to take such payment. We or our payment processor may re-attempt to take payment at any time. If we cannot take successful payment we may terminate or suspend your use of the Premium Service, however you will still owe us Subscription Fees up until the point of termination or suspension and (in the case of suspension) for the period during which your account is suspended, to the extent permitted by applicable laws. We or our payment processor may contact you if your bank, card issuer or other account provider declines payment of the Subscription Fees or refuses to authorise a recurring payment for the Subscription Fees.
Changes to the Fees. We may increase or decrease the Subscription Fees at any time in our sole discretion (including the introduction of charges for aspects of the Premium Service that were previously provided at no extra cost) and in that case, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before the price change, such as by sending you email or by a message displayed through the Cookandrecipe Service. If you do not agree to the changed Subscription Fees, your sole remedy is to cancel your subscription to the Premium Service. If you do not cancel your subscription, then you will be deemed to have accepted the change and we will start charging the amended fee.
8. CANCELLATION OF PREMIUM SERVICE
To cancel your subscription to our Premium Service, please refer to the following pages: Android / iOS. Cancellation will take effect at the end of the then-current monthly billing period. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SUBSCRIPTION FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR PARTIAL MONTHLY BILLING PERIODS.
9. CONTENTS OWNER AND RIGHTS YOU LICENSE
We do not claim ownership of any recipes, photographs, graphics, comments, information, data, text or other materials you upload or post on our Site or App (“Contents”).
However, when you upload Contents including your recipe to our Site or App, you grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, translate, publish, transmit, display and distribute (including without limitation by sub-licensing to third parties) such Contents or derivatives of them in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed) for any and all business activities of us. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that:
- this license includes the right for us to provide promote and commercially exploit such Contents uploaded to our Site or App in any means, manner or form to or with other users or persons who partner with us for the distribution or publication of such Contents on other media and services;
- such additional uses by us, other users of our Site or App and other persons who partner with us for the distribution or publication of your Contents may be done with no compensation paid to you with respect to Contents that you upload to our Site or App; and
- you irrevocably waive all moral rights (and all similar rights in other jurisdictions) which you have or will have now or in the future in respect of your Contents.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Except for your own uploaded Contents including your recipes, all intellectual property rights in the Cookandrecipe Service and all materials on our Site or App, including without limitation, design, graphics, text, pictures, software, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, “Materials”) are owned by us and/or our licensors.
- You must not use any part of the Materials on our Site or App for commercial purposes without obtaining an explicit consent to do so from us and/or (if applicable) our licensors.
- You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- 〈 You must not use Materials outside our Site or App, especially by deleting any identified contributors’ status as the authors of Materials on our Site or App.
11. CODE OF CONDUCT
You agree, undertake and represent that you shall not:
- infringe intellectual property rights of third parties, including without limitation, intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark, of us, other users or third parties;
- infringe the property rights, privacy rights and image rights of us, other users or third parties;
- disclose information, such as the name, mailing address, telephone number and email address of a specific individual without authorisation, and by which any third party is able to identify the said individual;
- register multiple email addresses to obtain multiple accounts, while being a single user;
- obtain an account on behalf of a Registered User whose account has been suspended or terminated;
- discriminate against, defame or damage the reputation and credibility of other users or third parties;
- alter and/or erase Materials made available through the Cookandrecipe Service;
- impersonate us, other users or third parties (including doctoring email headers for the purpose of falsifying the source of email headers and the identity of the sender);
- transmit computer programmes or viruses that are harmful or cause other users or third parties to receive such programmes or viruses;
- accessing without authorisation, or conducting port scans, denial of service attacks, or spamming the facilities of other users or third parties or the facilities used by the Cookandrecipe Service (including, without limitation, telecommunication facilities, computers and other equipment, as well as software that is used in the provision of the Cookandrecipe Service by us) and/or causing or attempting to cause interference with the use or operation of such facilities;
- transmit, without authorisation, email that are advertisement or promotion or solicitation or that are of a repulsive nature (including spam); obstruct the receipt of email by other users or third parties; request the transmission of chain emails and/or transmission of chain emails in accordance with such requests;
- circulate information, equipment and software that are used for the purpose of disabling or circumventing the access control function of servers and other facilities;
- reproduce, modify, disassemble, reverse engineer or analyse the samples or software contained in the Materials (except to the extent permitted by law, and you agree to give notice to us in such circumstance);
- obtain account information without authorisation or through fraud (including, without limitation, by phishing or similar methods);
- use the Cookandrecipe Service for commercial activities, for profit and in anticipation of profit, unless prior written approval has been obtained from us;
- use the Cookandrecipe Service for election campaign or other political activities;
- use the Cookandrecipe Service in contravention of applicable laws and regulations;
- hinder the operation of the Cookandrecipe Service or hinder the exchange or sharing of Contents contributed by other users or third parties; or cause damages or losses to us, other users or third parties by damaging their credibility or infringing their intellectual property rights;
- cause significant hindrance to the operations of our business through repetitive, frivolous or vexatious enquiries or emails, which are beyond our obligations and/or are unreasonable;
- establish a link to our Site or App in order to encourage any of the actions, including those by third parties, described hereinabove;
- contravene such other requirements that we may impose from time to time at its sole and absolute discretion;
- use the Cookandrecipe Service in a manner that Cookandrecipe deems unsuitable or inappropriate. Cookandrecipe will refer to factors such as the typical use of Cookandrecipe Service by the majority of its users, and general industry practice, when determining whether such use is unsuitable or inappropriate.
12. AUTOMATED IMAGE SCANNING
As an optional feature, Cookandrecipe may offer automated image classification that assists you in uploading food-related images. If you choose to use this optional feature, the images available on your device will be sent to our servers and automatically scanned using automated image recognition software that attempts to identify which of your images are food-related. The images tentatively identified as food-related will be presented to you on your private page at our App, which you only have access to. You can manually remove unwanted images presented on the private page. Any images that are not identified as food-related, or that you removed manually, will be deleted from Cookandrecipe’s servers.
13. RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENTS
You are solely responsible for the Contents that you post, upload, and/or publish using the Cookandrecipe Service. We do not review or screen any of your Contents before those Contents appear or are shared.
You represent and warrant that:
- you have the right to use, upload, post or publish Contents to our App or Site and grant the licences to us as set out in Section 9;
- the use by Cookandrecipe of the Contents you uploaded, posted or published will not violate the rights of any third parties.
You agree and acknowledge that:
- we will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the Contents or accuracy of any Contents posted by you or any other user of our Site or App, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
- you are solely responsible for securing and backing up your Contents.
14. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
- of any changes in applicable laws and regulations;
- of any changes in the specification or operation of the Cookandrecipe Service;
- of any changes to Cookandrecipe group policy or internal regulations;
- of any changes to the service specification or policy of external third party services used by Cookandrecipe or connected to the Cookandrecipe Service;
- of any changes to the business environment in which Cookandrecipe operates;
- it is necessary to respond to actual or potential threats to our business (such as cyber-security threats), or unwelcome or dangerous practices or behaviours in our community;
If you continue to use Cookandrecipe Service after a Change is made, you are agreeing to the Changes. If you do not accept a Change: (i) if you are a Guest or Registered User as described in Section 5, please stop using Cookandrecipe Service or (ii) if you are a user of Premium Service as described in Section 7, you must terminate your subscription within thirty (30) days after we notify you of the Change (or you become aware of it, if earlier).
If you cease to use the Cookandrecipe Service or terminate the Premium Service (as applicable) in accordance with the previous paragraph, the relevant Changes will not be binding on you. Please note that, even if the Changes are not binding on you, if you fail to terminate your subscription by your next renewal date, you will be charged a subscription fee for the following month’s service.
15. CHANGES TO OUR SITE OR APP AND COOKANDRECIPE SERVICE
We may update our Site or App from time to time, and may change the Materials at any time. Further, we reserve the right to change and improve the features and functionality of the Cookandrecipe Service at any time and at our sole discretion. This includes adding, modifying or removing specific features and functionality of the Cookandrecipe Service. If we intend to remove any material functionality of the Premium Service to which you subscribe, we will do our best to give you reasonable advance notice. Please note that any of the Material on our Site or App may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
16. TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT SUSPENSION OF COOKANDRECIPE SERVICE
We do not warrant that Cookandrecipe Service, or any Materials on the Site and App will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw, or discontinue all or any part of Cookandrecipe Service without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Cookandrecipe Service is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We may also suspend or cancel your access to or right to use the Cookandrecipe Service where we are withdrawing them, in which case we will do our best to give you reasonable advance notice.
17. RESTRICTION, SUSPENSION OR CANCELLATION OF USE
We may restrict, suspend or cancel your access to or right to use the Cookandrecipe Service without prior notice where we believe that;
- you have given us false information;
- you are using Cookandrecipe Service illegally or in breach of any third party’s rights;
- you have not paid the Subscription Fees for Premium Service;
- it is necessary to protect ourselves, other users or any third party;
- it is likely that claims or proceedings may be brought against us by third parties due to circumstances that are connected to your use of Cookandrecipe Service;
- it is not possible to establish contact with you through telephone, fax and/or email;
- it is an emergency; and/or
- it is necessary for operating Cookandrecipe Service.
Restriction, suspension or cancellation of the Cookandrecipe Service could result in a permanent loss of access to and use of certain aspects of the services, including your own uploaded Contents, even if you later re-register or re-subscribe to the Cookandrecipe Service.
18. LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
Except as set out in the previous paragraph marked “Limited Liability to Premium Services Registered Users”: We will not be liable to any user of our Site or App, or any third party whatsoever, for any direct or indirect loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, the Cookandrecipe Service. In particular, and without limiting the foregoing paragraph of this Section, we will not be liable for any loss or damage attributable to loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation or any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under or in connection with:
- any errors or omissions in any recipe or other Materials;
- use of or reliance on any Materials displayed on our Site or App;
- any unauthorised access to or use of our secure servers or any and all non-secured personal information;
- any interruption or the cessation of transmission to or from our Site or App;
- a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programmes , data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or App or to your downloading of any Materials on it, or on any website linked to it;
- the content of websites linked on our Site or App; or
- third party demands, assertions, claims, suits, actions or other proceedings brought against you from other users, alleging that your Contents infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights, or misappropriates a third party’s confidential information;
19. INTERNET CONNECTIVITY
In order to use our Site and our App, your device will need a connection to the internet. You are solely responsible for obtaining, at your own expense, any hardware, software, and third-party services (such as a wireless service plan purchased through a telecommunications service provider) necessary to connect your device(s) to the internet, including any data transfer fees that may be imposed by your chosen service provider and which, if you choose to upload large amounts of data such as image files, may be substantial.
20. THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE OR APP
Where our Site or App contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
21. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
22. APPLICABLE LAW
“Cookandrecipe” and the Cookandrecipe logo are registered trademarks of cookandrecipe.com in Indonesia, and certain other jurisdictions.
24. CONTACT US
To contact us, please email email@example.com